Thursday, July 30, 2009

{Professionals only} Okay should I dye my bleached blonde hair red before I dye it brown?

Earlier I asked how to dye it brown, I recieved answers saying that I first need red pigment in my hair in order for the brown to turn brown. So is this true? Should I dye it red first??! Someone please help!!



{Professionals only} Okay should I dye my bleached blonde hair red before I dye it brown?

nooooo!!! I don't know who told you that but it is not true! Trust me, just dye it brown and make sure you choose a dark brown colour so the hair can actually absorb the colour; if you choose a light brown you might not see much of a difference between your blond hair and the brown.



{Professionals only} Okay should I dye my bleached blonde hair red before I dye it brown?

Go to a professional hair stylist if you want correct answers!



{Professionals only} Okay should I dye my bleached blonde hair red before I dye it brown?

I am a professional cosmetologist.



The reason you need red in the color when you are going darker is so that it won't turn green! When you bleached your hair, you pulled the red color that is naturally in everyones hair. So, you need to replace this. You dont need a RED red, just a little red added to your brown.



If you want a good result the best thing to do would be to go to a salon. Coloring your hair at home is kind of a hit/ miss situation. Chances are you might end up going there anyways if it doesn't turn out right!!



As for the color you would want to use... DON'T pick out a dark brown unless you want a DARK BROWN!! You hair is bleached! It is going to soak up whatever you put on it! Possibly even more (or.... "darker") than you are expecting, depending on how dry it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment